Six months internship in Bangkok
Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok is seeking an intern (post bachelor level) with interest in events, media, administration and sales/marketing
The Chamber organizes various high-profile business events, seminars company visits and other activities. We are a smaller chamber operating in Bangkok and as an intern you will play an important role in a wide range of functions as well as administrative tasks. The unpaid internship is on a fulltime period starting in January or February 2016. You will be able to apply your theories at our company and get a practical view of how to manage tasks and problems. We offer exciting and challenging work/assignments with excellent networking opportunities and broad contact to the Danish business environment in Thailand. Furthermore, your work will be rewarded with a recommendation letter and your CV can be updated with relevant working experience.
The Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce (DTCC) is a non-political, non-profit orientated legal entity for business people in Thailand who are involved in business between Thailand and Denmark. The chamber organizes various high-profile events and celebration activities. The purpose of the Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce is not only to provide Danish-Thai companies with a stronger collective voice towards the Thai authorities but also to further promote and expand trade between Thailand and Denmark as well as establish a forum for networking among the Thai and Danish businessmen living here or traveling here on business.
You will be an integral part of our small team and in running the Chamber’s operations including administrative tasks. You will also get the opportunity to attend networking events and several seminars with interesting speakers and meet some of the bigger Danish Companies (PANDORA, MAERSK, ECCO, NOVO and Royal Copenhagen).
As an intern, you will play a key role in the areas of events, media and marketing as well as being responsible for additional back office related tasks. More specifically the tasks will include the following:
- Administration, marketing research, sales and marketing assignments
- Event planning and assisting in various events
- To promote the Chamber through online and printed media with news stories (some of which you will write yourself), market analysis, press releases from our members, etc.
- Manage the Chamber’s Membership services.
* Please notice that the tasks can vary.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Have proven track record from university
- On your Master Degree
Danish-Thai Chamber of Commerce
34 C.P. Tower 3, 9th Floor tower A,
Phayathai Road, Tungphayathai,
Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
- Office hours Mon-Fri: 08.30-17.30
- Close to: Phayathai Road, Ratchathewi (Phaya Thai BTS)
- Deadline: Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Appendices: Your application should include cover letter, grade transcripts, copy of diploma and resume.
Please find information about our Chamber on www.dancham.or.th. For further questions about the position, kindly contact Secretary – General Michael Andersen +66 09 7920 9019.
The conditions of your internship:
- Expenses: Interns will not receive any salary. Costs and arrangements for accommodation, living, visa and travel expenses are the responsibility of the interns, or their nominating or sponsoring institutions (if applicable).
- VISA: In case the Intern is from outside Thailand, it is his/her responsibility to obtain the necessary entry visa and arranging his/her travel to Bangkok. DanCham will assist in preparing and issuing documents required in visa and work permission processing.
- Medical insurance: Interns are required to hold valid health/ accident insurance coverage during their internship. DanCham does not have any responsibility for the medical insurance of the intern or compensation in event of death, injury or illness incurred during an internship.
- Duration: The normal duration of an internship is 6 months and can be extended.
- Termination: Interns may terminate the internship program with one-week notice. DanCham reserves the right to terminate the internship if, in its opinion, the Intern’s performance is not living up to the expectations.
- Claims: DanCham is not responsible for any third-party claims arising from loss of or damage to property, death or personal injury caused by actions or omission by an intern during his/her internship.