In this economic update by the World Bank you can read about the following key findings:
- Growth in developing EAP economies is projected to decelerate in the near term.
- Growth in the region’s other large economies has also moderated.
- Growth in the smaller economies in the region ticked up in the first half of 2019.
- Exports growth declined sharply amid weakening global demand.
- Regional growth decelerated in the first half of 2019.
- As growth moderates, the pace of poverty reduction is also slowing.
- Downside risks to the region’s growth prospects have intensified.