For Danish Visa Case Handling
We are looking for a dynamic and mobile new colleague to support Danish visa case handling. You will be based at the Danish Embassy in Bangkok and will be expected to travel internationally up to 4-5 months/year in periods spanning from 1-4 weeks.
Danish diplomatic missions handled approximately 145.000 visa applications globally last year and the number is increasing. You will support this work.
Your specific tasks will be:
• Short-term support travels to Danish diplomatic missions during their respective peak-seasons or when short-term support is needed for other reasons
• Participate in visa service checks where the visa case handling of Danish embassies is monitored and reviewed
• Daily case handling of applications for visas, residence/work permits and re-entry permits and other tasks for the Danish Embassy in Bangkok
• Other related desk tasks
In your daily functions at the Embassy Visa Section you will refer to the team leader of the visa section. Your regional/global functions will be coordinated with the Department for Visas and Passports in the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Professional and social skills
• A high sense of responsibility and thoroughness
• High integrity and ability to handle stressful situations
• Language skills in Danish or another Scandinavian language and English
• Experience from relevant administrative tasks
• Interest in and availability to travel up to 4-5 months/year, occasionally on short notice
• The ability to adapt quickly to shifting workplaces and colleagues, including strong cross cultural understanding and good social skills
Experience with the Schengen visa cooperation will be considered an asset.
Prior knowledge of Danish/Scandinavian management tradition, and Thai language skills are an advantage but not a requirement.
Salary and employment conditions
You will be employed for a period of one year. There may be the possibility of a contract extension. You will be employed on a local contract in accordance with the employment conditions of the Danish Embassy in Bangkok. Your salary will reflect your experience and level of qualifications.
We would like you to join as soon as possible.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact future Team Leader of the Visa Section Ea Laura Palmqvist, Danish Embassy in Bangkok on phone +66(0)2343 1102, or by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Deputy Head of Department of Visas and Passports in Copenhagen, Vanessa Vega Saenz (phone +45 33920320) on weekdays between 11:00 and 12:00 Copenhagen time or by mail email@example.com.
Please send a focused and motivated application, which should also include information of education, past work experience, qualifications, language skills, references, etc. Please mark the mail “Mobile Visa Colleague” and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 17th of May 2017.About the Danish Embassy in BangkokThe Danish Embassy in Bangkok has 35 staff members, including five posted employees from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Denmark. Most of the Embassy’s employees are from Thailand. Annually, the Embassy handles around 14.000 applications for visas, residence/work permits and re-entry permits.